Summer Science at Home - from Science North
*The event has already taken place on this date: Fri, 09/04/2020
Science North’s goal is to constantly inspire children to be engaged with science in the world around them, even in these challenging and dynamic times. As such, we are excited to introduce to you Summer Science at Home - our new virtual summer camp experience.
Summer Science at Home will provide children with the opportunity to continue to learn about the wonderful world of science from the comfort of their home.
This activity-based hour held on Zoom takes summer camp in a whole new direction. From building hovercrafts and catapults to creating secret codes with invisible ink, your child will get a chance to experiment, build and tinker with stuff found around the house! After your time is done, we will leave your family with other activities and media to use at your discretion.
Two programs will be available for your child this summer. During our July program (repeated weekly) your child will have fun with different activities that will explore the various fields of science, technology, engineering and math! Then, beginning August 4, a brand-new set of activities will begin (repeated weekly).
- Hosted by Science North’s highly trained staff
- Held on the video platform Zoom with your security and privacy in mind
- Pricing ranges from $72 - $130 for a week
- One-hour time slot of your choice from Monday to Friday
- Beginning the week of July 6
- Available for children ages 7-12
- Delivered in English and French
- Maximum of 10 participants in each Zoom group
- Family option available for those with multiple children in their household
- Additional activities and media to use after each live session
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.