Kids Bird Art Contest
*The event has already taken place on this date: Fri, 09/30/2022
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email email@example.com so we can update it immediately.
Our annual Kids Bird Art Contest is a fun way for kids to learn more about the birds around them and connect with nature! We're continuing to celebrate SFBBO's 40th anniversary, so to capture the spirit of our anniversary, we invite kids ages 3-17 to share a memorable experience with birds in nature and create a drawing that reflects that encounter. Prizes will be awarded for each age category, and artwork will be featured on our website, newsletter, and/or social media!
Contest Dates: You can submit original artwork anytime between now and September 30, 2022. Early submissions are encouraged! Winners will be contacted by mid-October and awards will be handed out at the SFBBO Annual Meeting. The date, location, and time will be announced in September. Category winners are invited, but attendance is not required.
Contest Categories: We will judge submissions in three age categories: 3-7 years, 8-11 years, and 12-17 years. Submissions will be judged based on both the artwork and the written story.
- Submissions must depict bird(s) that the artist has observed in the wild. We encourage artists to draw features of the surrounding habitat they saw the bird in.
- Submissions must be an original (not copied, traced, or duplicated from any existing art/photo). The artist can work off of a self-taken photograph. The artwork must be completed by the artist with no or minimal adult assistance. Adult help is allowed for the 3-7 age group only (for example, to help write down the story if the child is unable to write).
- Submission must include a written story about an experience with birds and why it was memorable. We prefer the story to be included on the same page as the artwork. We also encourage artists to identify the common name of the bird (for example, Western Bluebird or California Scrub Jay) to the best of their ability.
- Submission must be an original work created in traditional media (pencil, crayon, watercolor, marker, etc.) or digital media. Please NO prints or copies.
- Submission must be created on 8 ½ in x 11 inch paper backing or submitted as a PDF, JPG, or PNG with a maximum 10 MB file size.
- One entry per individual.
For more information and to register, go to https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/MTQwMTY5
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.