Animal Humane Society Future Vet Workshop
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update it immediately. If you have a question about the activity itself, please contact the organization administrator listed below.
Is your child interested in becoming a veterinarian one day? If so, you're in the right place! Our Future Vet Workshop (formerly known as Shelter Vet Camp) is designed to immerse students in the world of shelter medicine.
Opportunities are available for grades 3-4, 5-6, and 7-8. The skills and topics covered in this single day workshop vary depending on the age group.
Students in grades 3-4 will practice surgery skills on a pretend patient, design a blood model, learn to identify healthy and unhealthy animals, and more.
- Saturday, October 28 | 9 AM – 12 PM | Golden Valley
- Saturday, January 6 | 9 AM – 12 PM | Golden Valley
- Saturday, February 3 | 9 AM – 12 PM | Golden Valley
- Saturday, April 13 | 9 AM – 12 PM | Woodbury
- Saturday, May 18 | 9 AM – 12 PM | Coon Rapids
Students in grades 5-6 will have the opportunity to watch shelter medicine in action and practice real skills used by veterinary staff, such as administering pretend vaccinations, performing mock blood draws, and listening to animal heartbeats.
- Saturday, November 4 | 9 AM – 12 PM | Golden Valley
- Saturday, December 16 | 9 AM – 12 PM | Golden Valley
- Saturday, January 20 | 9 AM – 12 PM | Golden Valley
- Saturday, March 16 | 9 AM – 12 PM | St. Paul
Students in grades 7-8 will take a deeper dive into common shelter illnesses, monitor sick animals and discuss shelter treatment plans. They will also observe a spay and neuter surgery and practice their suturing skills.
- Saturday, November 18 | 9 AM – 12 PM | Golden Valley
- Saturday, February 24 | 9 AM – 12 PM | Golden Valley
- Saturday, May 11 | 9 AM - 12 PM | Golden Valley
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.