Anderson Center 25th Anniversary Party
*The event has already taken place on this date: Sat, 07/24/2021
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update it immediately.
Experience live music throughout the day by Jillian Rae, Chastity Brown, and the students of Universal Music Center at an outdoor stage on the lower lawn near the North Studios. Enjoy literary readings in the Tower View Barn by Minnesota's Poet Laureate Joyce Sutphen and current Anderson Center artists-in-residence. Learn more about the creative process through open studios and artist demonstrations throughout campus, including a monotype demo on the etching press in the printmaking studio by Minnesota printmaker Richard Stephens. Meet artists and explore their work at a closing reception for "Long Story Short," a group retrospective art exhibition showcasing 25 years of art and ideas by past & current Anderson Center residents and studio artists. Tower View's iconic namesake water tower will also be open and available to tour.
- ArtReach is hosting a Gelli (gelatin) plate printing activity booth.
- Printmaker Richard Stephens and his studio assistant are doing demos on the letterpress and etching press in our Granary print studio.
- Demonstrations/Open Studios
- Painters B-J Norman, Art Kenyon, Lynn Brown, and Lindsay Cherek Waller
- Glassblower Gail Dahlberg
- Painter & sculptor Cynthia Weitzel
- Sculptors Maxwell Cora and Gita Ghei
- Photographer Gina Rippentrop
- Digital Media Artists and Marketing Firm Sievers Creative
- Ceramicists Angela Foley and Julie DeVetter
- Musician and printmaker Sam Brown
- Universal Music Center
- And more!
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.